Have you thought about improving your energy consumption at work or at home?
EECA (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority) is offering cash grants for businesses that are prepared to take the first step towards implementing energy efficient technologies.
Grants of up to 40% of the capital cost of the project are available, with a maximum of $100,000 for each grant.
Having an energy efficient business can reduce your running costs, increase profits and demonstrate your company’s commitment to minimising its impact on the environment.
Examples of technologies recently funded include:
- Fans and boiler controls
- Dehumidifier dryers
- Heat recovery
- Renewable energy projects
- Industrial refrigeration
- Fishing technologies
- Soil moisture sensing.
For more information click here.
Examples of Successful Projects
- Canterbury Laundry Services replaced two old steam powered dryers with LPG fired dryers and used 40% less energy, saving $46,000 a year. They also cut carbon dioxide emissions and boosted operating capacity. Read the Canterbury Laundry Service Case Study.
- Axiam Plastics cut its energy bills by installing a vacuum drier that uses only a third of the energy of the previous technology. The company's reduced costs and improved productivity by increasing throughput. Read the Axiam Plastics Case Study.
- Auckland Meat Processors introduced automated controls into their business and in the process reduced their energy bill by $200,000 in the first year. Read the Auckland Meat Processors Case Study.
There are also grants towards Scoping Studies - up to a maximum 75% of the study costs (up to $10,000). For more information click here.
There are grants available for conducting Energy Audits. For more information click here.
EECA provides funding to make it easier for businesses and householders to choose energy efficiency and renewable energy. Such as:
- Home insulation and clean heating
- Clean, low emission heating
- Solar water heating
- Energy saving technologies for businesses
- Energy audits for businesses
- Wood energy for businesses
- Loans for public sector organisations
- Grants to deploy marine energy projects
- Biodiesel grants scheme
- Investigate options for distributed (smaller-scale) renewable generation.
- Household Energywise
If you wish to pursue any of these funding opportunities please contact EECA direct however Jenny at Venture Hawke’s Bay is happy to support you through the application process.
Contact Jenny on email@example.com or 06 833 5895.
Posted in Random Thoughts | Comments Off