We have just had one of the biggest weekends, of course Rod Stewart at Mission is still to come, on the Hawke's Bay calendar and according to Hawke's Bay Today it may have attracted one of it's largest turnouts ever, certainly the midday parade in Napier was huge. Yet I haven't seen any media coverage of this event outside of the Bay. Nothing in the NZ Herald or Dominion Post or any TV news I saw over the weekend. Now I may have missed it or the Metro reporting outlets are just not interested in provincial events or couldn't be bothered to cover it with the focus having shifted to Christchurch over the last few days. But surely people involved in promoting Hawke's Bay would have taken the opportunity to get some coverage. They may well have and I stand to be corrected but I certainly didn't see or hear anything.
« Prev: Want to study part-time?
Art Deco Weekend
By Nigel Watkin, February 21st, 2012
2 Responses to “Art Deco Weekend”
Leave a Reply
- Year Xero: Accountants’ websites in the cloud era
- Fabulous Arts Short Courses at EIT
- Exhibition St Hilda’s and Abbotsford: Our Children’s Homes
- Time in the sunshine
- New comments policy for Fruitbowl
- New Research by EIT Computing Lecturer
- Online Event Management Solution
- Sponsorship Opportunity – Bay Urban Adventure Race
- April Tasters in Wine, Ag and Hort
- Employee Engagement – Why does it matter?